Bread Pot Fondue
This recipe is great served as a main course or as an appetizer in combination with one of Steve's other great main course recipes!
- Loaf round bread
- 360g. block Farmers Old Cheddar Cheese
- 1 cup Farmers Restaurant Style Sour Cream
- 8oz. pkg. cream cheese, softened
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp. Tabasco sauce
- 1/4 tsp. garlic salt
- 5oz tin shrimp, drained
- 5oz tin crab, drained
- Slice the top off the loaf of bread. Scoop out the inside of the bread, leaving a 1" layer all around. Reserve bread for dipping. Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Grate Farmers Old Cheddar Cheese.
- In a large bowl, cream the softened cream cheese. Add Farmers Restaurant Style Sour Cream, Worcestershire sauce, Tabasco sauce and garlic salt; Mix in grated cheddar cheese. Stir in shrimp and crab just until combined. Fill shell with the cheese mixture.
- Place top on the loaf and wrap in foil. Place on cookie sheet and bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes, until mixture is thoroughly heated. Serve with bread cubes or crackers.
Note: If desired, the cheese mixture may be baked in a covered casserole dish (rather than in the bread loaf) for 45 minutes or until thoroughly heated.