Fresh Herb Marinated Moose Stew In Partridgeberry Wine
This weeks feature recipe on summerbreeze
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 tspn fresh Thyme
- 1/2 tspn fresh Rosemary
- 1/2 tspn fresh Oregano
- 2 1/2 lb moose meat, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 1/4 tspns cracked black pepper
- 1/2 tspn Paprika
- 1 tspn Salt
- 2 can condensed beef broth (10-1/2 ounces each)
- 1 cup Patridgeberry Wine- 1 lg onion: diced
- 3 Carrots: sliced
- 6 whole white onions
- 3 tbsn pork scrunchions
- 12 small new potatoes; peeled
- 2 tbsn Spy Glass Butter
- 2 tbsn Flour
- Marinade Diced Moose Meat in Bay leaf, Thyme, Rosemary, Oregano, Cracked Black Pepper and Patridgeberry Wine over night.
- Saute Moose Meat cubes in rendered pork Scrunchions until brown on all sides. Add, beef broth, red wine marinade, onion and carrots. Cover and simmer until meat is tender, about 2 hours.
- Add whole onions and potatoes; cover and simmer for an additional 15 minutes,or until the vegetables are barely tender.
- Mix butter and flour into a paste. Drop into simmering stew. Cook, stirring, until stew bubbles and thickens.