This Bran-Apple Muffins recipe is easy to make and deliciously mellow. Make a batch over the weekend for a quick breakfast every day of the week !
- 375 mL (1½ cups) flour
- 250 mL (1 cup) Central Dairies Homogenized Milk
- 15 mL (1 tbsp) baking powder
- 177 mL (¾ cup) Central Dairies Non-Hydrogenated Margarine
- 5 mL (1 tsp) cinnamon
- 125 mL (½ cup) sugar
- 2.5 mL (½ tsp) salt
- 1 egg
- 625 mL (2½ cups) Bran Flakes cereal
- 250 mL (1 cup) apple, chopped
- Mix the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt in a large bowl. Mix the cereal and Central Dairies Homogenized Milk in another bowl; let stand for 5 minutes.
- Beat the Central Dairies Non-Hydrogenated Margarine and sugar in a large bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Blend in the cereal mixture and the egg. Add to flour mixture; stir until just moistened. Stir in the apple.
- Spoon into a greased muffin pan, filling each cup ⅔ full. Bake at 200 °C (400 °F) for 25 minutes.