A creamy and comforting herbed tomato bisque recipe with deliciously fresh baby shrimp.
- 113 g (¼ lb.) butter
- 1 onion, coarsely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 10 mL (2 tsp) flour
- 500 mL (2 cups) Central Dairies 2% Milk
- 2 x 794 g (28 oz.) can chopped tomatoes, undrained
- 1 bunch of fresh dill weed, chopped
- 250 mL (1 cup) baby shrimp
- Chicken soup base to taste
- 100 g (3.5 oz.) English Stilton cheese
- Heat the butter, onion and garlic together for 4–5 minutes.
- Blend in the flour and cook for 1 minute. Gradually whisk in the milk until smooth. Cook for 4 minutes or until the mixture comes to a boil and thickens slightly. Add the tomatoes and bring to a simmer; stir in the dill weed. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Add the baby shrimp, then add the chicken soup base to taste.
- Garnish with English Stilton cheese just prior to serving.