A comforting classic. This velvety cream of mushroom soup recipe made with Central Dairies fresh milk taste like a dream.
- 113 g (4 oz.) butter
- 118 mL (4 oz.) onion, chopped
- 454 g (1 lb.) mushrooms, chopped
- 118 mL (4 oz.) flour
- 355 mL (12 oz.) chicken stock
- 355 mL (12 oz.) Central Dairies Homogenized Milk
- Seasoning to taste
- Heat the butter in a heavy sauce pot over moderate heat. Add the onions and mushrooms; sweat the vegetables without letting them brown.
- Add the flour and stir until thickened; cook for a few minutes, but do not let it brown. Gradually beat in the chicken stock and the Central Dairies Homogenized Milk until the mixture thickens.
- Simmer until the mushrooms are tender. Mix in a blender and heat the soup again, but do not bring to a boil. Season to taste.