A Baked Eggnog French Toast casserole recipe made with velvety Central Dairies Eggnog. To be served with fresh Canadian maple syrup.
- 1 loaf French or Italian bread, cut into 2.5 cm (1-in.) slices
- 3 eggs
- 750 mL (3 cups) Central Dairies Eggnog
- 30 mL (2 tbsp) Spyglass Butter, cut into small pieces
- Icing sugar
- Maple syrup, warmed
- Nutmeg, ground
- 250 mL (1 cup) fresh mixed berries (strawberries, blueberries, cranberries and raspberries)
- Butter a 33 x 20-cm (13 x 8-in.) glass baking dish. Arrange the bread slices in the pan and sprinkle with the fresh berries.
- Beat together the eggs and the Central Dairies Eggnog. Pour evenly over the bread.
- Before baking, dot with the Spyglass Butter and sprinkle with the nutmeg.
- Bake at 180 °C (350 °F) for 45 minutes. Cut into squares and serve immediately.
- Dust with the icing sugar and drizzle with the warmed maple syrup.