Soft and delightful buttermilk biscuit recipe made with fresh buttermilk. Serve warm with your afternoon snack, or in combination with one of our delicious main course recipes.
- 500 mL (2 cups) all-purpose flour
- 15 mL (1 tbsp) baking powder
- 2.5 mL (½ tsp) baking soda
- 2.5 mL (½ tsp) salt
- 80 mL (⅓ cup) Farmers 20/80 Spread
- 177 mL (¾ cup) Farmers Buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 230 °C (450 °F)
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Cut in the Farmers 20/80 Spread until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Add the Farmers Buttermilk to the mixture all at once.
- Stir with a fork just until dough forms around the fork.
- Turn the dough onto a floured board. Knead gently 10–12 times. Roll the dough out to a ½-in. thickness and using a biscuit cutter, cut the dough.
- Place on an ungreased cookie sheet and bake until golden brown or about 12 minutes.