A heart-shaped pie with a strawberry flavored Vanilla Ice Cream filling and a pie shell made of chocolate cookie crumbs. A cute and easy Valentine's day dessert recipe.
Ingredients: For the pie shell
- 375 mL (1½ cups) chocolate cookie crumbs
- 15 mL (1 tbsp) granulated sugar
- 60 mL (¼ cup) butter, softened
Ingredients: For the pie filling
- 250 mL (1 cup) water
- 1 x 85 g (3 oz.) packet strawberry-flavoured gelatin (3 ounces)
- 500 mL (2 cups) Farmers Vanilla Ice Cream
- Several milk chocolate kisses or buttons
Directions: For the pie shell
- Mix the pie shell ingredients in a bowl until thoroughly blended.
- Press evenly into a 23-cm (9-in.) pie pan.
- Bake at 190 °C (375 °F) for 8 minutes or until completely cooked.
- Set it aside to cool.
Directions: For the pie filling
- In a 1-L (4-cup) glass measuring cup, stir together the water and the gelatin. Microwave, uncovered, on full power, for 2 minutes.
- Add the Farmers Vanilla Ice Cream to the hot gelatin mixture; stir until the ice cream is completely melted. Chill the mixture for 35–40 minutes, stirring twice during that time (the mixture should set so it falls as mounds from a spoon).
- Pour the chilled ice cream mixture into the pie shell. Chill for about 4 hours, or until the ice cream is completely set.
- Decorate with milk chocolate kisses or buttons in a heart shape.