A mouthwatering cheesecake recipe made with delightful Central Dairies Eggnog, a touch of rum and sliced almonds. A deliciously sweet dessert.
- 250 mL (1 cup) graham cracker crumbs
- 30 mL (2 tbsp) sugar
- 45 mL (3 tbsp) butter, melted
- 250 mL Central Dairies by Natrel 35% Whipping Cream, whipped
- 3 x 227-g (8-oz.) pkg. cream cheese, softened
- 250 mL (1 cup) sugar
- 45 mL (3 tbsp) all-purpose flour
- 177 mL (¾ cup) Central Dairies Light Eggnog
- 2 eggs
- 30 mL (2 tbsp) rum
- 1 pinch nutmeg, ground
- 250 mL (1 cup) sliced almonds, toasted
- Preheat the oven to 165 °C (325 °F) .
- In a medium bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs, 30 mL (2 tbsp) of the sugar and the butter. Press into the bottom of a 23-cm (9-in.) springform pan.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 10 minutes, then place on a wire rack to cool.
- Preheat the oven to 220 °C (425 °F).
- In a food processor, combine the cream cheese, the remaining 250 mL (1 cup) of sugar, the flour and the eggnog; process until smooth. Blend in the eggs, rum and nutmeg. Pour the mixture into the cooled crust.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to 120 °C (250 °F) and continue baking for 45 minutes, or until the centre of the cake is barely firm to the touch. Remove it from the oven and immediately loosen the cake from the rim. Let the cake cool completely before removing the rim.
- Coat the eggnog cheesecake with the whipped Central Dairies by Natrel 35% Whipping Cream and pipe 8 rosettes on top of the cake. Coat the edge with toasted almonds and garnish with seasonal fresh fruit.