Christmas traditional pancakes just got a twist with this orange, chocolate chips and Central Dairies fresh Eggnog recipe.
- 250 mL (1 cup) all-purpose flour
- 10 mL (2 tsp) baking powder
- 5 mL (1 tsp) baking soda
- 5 mL (1 tsp) sugar
- 2.5 mL (½ tsp) salt
- 296 mL (1¼ cups) Central Dairies Eggnog
- 1 large egg
- 30 mL (2 tbsp) Central Dairies Gold Margarine, melted and cooled
- 15 mL (1 tbsp) orange zest, grated
- 125 mL (½ cup) semisweet chocolate chips
- Whisk together the first 5 ingredients in a large bowl. Combine the Central Dairies Eggnog, the egg and the Central Dairies Gold Margarine in a separate bowl; add the eggnog mixture to the flour mixture and whisk until just blended. Add the orange zest and the semisweet chocolate chips to the batter and fold in gently. Transfer the batter to a large measuring cup and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Pour 45–60 mL (3–4 (tbsp)) of the batter onto a hot, lightly-greased griddle or non-stick pan. Cook until the pancakes are covered with bubbles and the edges turn brown. Turn and cook the other side for 2 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with your favorite maple syrup. Garnish: orange zest and chocolate chips.