Served as a main course or as an appetizer, this bread pot fondue is a deliciously cheesy and creamy mixture with shrimp and crab.
- 1 loaf round bread
- 1 x 360 g (12.7 oz.) block of Farmers Old Cheddar Cheese
- 250 mL (1 cup) Farmers Restaurant Style Sour Cream
- 1 x 227 g (8 oz.) pkg. of cream cheese, softened
- 5 mL (1 tsp) Worcestershire sauce
- 2.5 mL (½ tsp) Tabasco sauce
- 1.25 mL (¼ tsp) garlic salt
- 1 x 142 g (5 oz.) tin of shrimp, drained
- 1 x 142 g (5 oz.) tin of crab, drained
- Slice the top off the loaf of bread and set it aside. Scoop out the inside of the bread, leaving a 2.5-cm (1-in.) layer all around. Reserve the removed bread for dipping. Preheat the oven to 180 °C (350 °F).
- Grate the Farmers Old Cheddar Cheese.
- In a large bowl, cream the softened cream cheese. Add the Farmers Restaurant Style Sour Cream, Worcestershire sauce, Tabasco sauce and garlic salt. Mix in the grated cheddar cheese. Stir in the shrimp and crab until just combined. Fill the bread shell with the cheese mixture.
- Place the top back onto the loaf and wrap in foil. Bake on a cookie sheet for 1 hour and 10 minutes, or until the mixture is thoroughly heated. Serve with bread cubes or crackers.