This Steamed Mussels in a Cream Sauce with Fresh Dill recipe will make your taste buds tingle. Serve with fries or pasta to create a delightful dish.
- 1.8 kg (4 lb.) fresh mussels
- 118 mL (4 oz.) onions, chopped
- 1 bunch of fresh dill, chopped
- 1 lemon
- 250 mL (1 cup) Central Dairies by Natrel 35% Whipping Cream
- 89 mL (3 oz.) butter
- 250 mL (1 cup) fish stock (powdered form available in most grocery stores)
- Melt the butter in a large, heavy sauce pan. Sweat off the onions without browning. Add the mussels, fish stock and fresh dill. Cover and steam for 5 minutes.
- Add the Central Dairies by Natrel 35% Fresh Whipping Cream and the juice of the lemon. Cook for 5 more minutes on medium heat and serve.