Grandma's Pot Luck Pumpkin Corn Chowder. A delectably creamy and tasty chowder recipe packed with pumpkin and corn, perfect for fall.
- 30 mL (2 tbsp) Central Dairies Gold Margarine
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1 x 296 mL (10 oz.) package frozen whole kernel corn, thawed
- 1 x 473 mL (16 oz.) can pumpkin
- 500 mL (2 cups) water
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 15 mL (1 tbsp) sugar
- 7.5 mL (1½ tsp) salt
- 0.62 mL (⅛ tsp) ground cinnamon
- 500 mL (2 cups) Central Dairies 10% Cream
- Melt Central Dairies Gold Margarine in a Dutch oven; add onion, and sauté until tender. Add corn, and cook, stirring occasionally, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir in the pumpkin and the next 5 ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Stir in Central Dairies 10% Cream and cook until thoroughly heated (do not boil). Pack in a thermos.