Stuffed Chicken Breast with Newfoundland Savory dressing. A traditional and tasty dish, with fragrant herb, made with Central Dairies none hydrogenated margarine.
- 4 chicken breasts, boneless, skin on, drumette attached
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 1 onion, cooked and finely chopped
- 500 mL (2 cups) bread crumbs, finely chopped
- 45 mL (3 tbsp) Central Dairies Non-Hydrogenated Margarine
- 60 mL (¼ cup) chicken stock
- 5 mL (1 tsp) Newfoundland savoury
- Melt 30 mL (2 tbsp) of the Central Dairies Non-Hydrogenated Margarine and sweat the finely-chopped onion and celery until translucent with the Newfoundland savoury.
- Remove from the stove, add the bread crumbs to the mix, and then add the heated chicken stock to moisten the dressing.
- On a cutting board, lay out the chicken breasts and lightly pound.
- Divide the Newfoundland savoury dressing, place in the centre of each chicken breast and roll.
- Place on a baking sheet, melt and brush the chicken rolls with the remaining Central Dairies Non-Hydrogenated Margarine, and then season.
- Bake at 180 °C (350 °F) for 45 minutes or until golden brown.