In a hurry? Try this quick and easy microwave citrus chicken. You'll be amazed by how fast you will have your home-made dinner served on the table.
- 15 mL (1 tbsp) butter
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2.5 mL (½ tsp) ginger, chopped
- 2.5 mL (½ tsp) orange, grated
- 2.5 mL (½ tsp) lemon zest
- 2 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 89 mL (3 oz.) orange juice
- 89 mL (3 oz.) Central Dairies 1% Milk
- 60 mL (2 oz.) flour
- 2 heads of broccoli, separated into spears and steamed
- Melt the butter in a glass dish in the microwave. Stir in the garlic and ginger. Lay the chicken breasts in a pan and coat with the citrus mixture.
- Cover with Saran Wrap and microwave on high for 8–10 minutes. When cooked, transfer the chicken breasts to a plate. Add flour to the mixture in the pan and gradually add Central Dairies 1% Milk and the orange juice.
- Microwave on high for 5 minutes until thickened. Lay the chicken breasts over the freshly-steamed broccoli spears and top with the citrus sauce.