This Duck Breast with a Partridge Berry sauce recipe will be your new holiday tradition! Easy to make, this Christmas recipe is a classic reimagined.
- 2 ducks
- 89 mL (3 oz.) partridge berries, blended
- 177 mL (6 oz.) demi-glaze (powdered form available in most grocery stores)
- 591 mL (20 oz.) clarified butter
- 89 mL (3 oz.) Central Dairies by Natrel 35% Whipping Cream
- Season to taste
- Remove the breasts from the birds. Remove the wings, tips and skin from the birds, leaving only the wing bones attached to the breasts.
- Heat a skillet and add the clarified butter; season the breasts to taste and sear on both sides. Add the blended berries, demi-glaze and Central Dairies by Natrel 35% Whipping Cream and reduce the heat.
- Remove the breasts after 5 minutes; they should be medium to medium rare.