Buttery sautéed scallops served with a creamy and cheesy sauce. This Digby scallops with Emmental Cheese recipe is simply delicious.
- 1.36 kg (3 lb.) medium-sized scallops
- 177 mL (¾ cup) grated Emmental cheese
- 5 mL (1 tsp) fresh dill, chopped
- 5 mL (1 tsp) parsley, chopped
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 60 mL (2 oz.) flour
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 5 mL (1 tsp) butter
- 750 mL (3 cups) long-grain rice, cooked
- 177 mL (¾ cup) Central Dairies 2% Milk
- Seasoning to taste
- Melt the butter in a sauce pan and sauté the scallops with the minced garlic; remove from the pan when cooked.
- Add the flour and stir in the Central Dairies 2% Milk; simmer for 2 minutes and then add the green onion, parsley and dill.
- At the last minute, add the Emmental cheese and the cooked scallops, and season to taste. Serve over the cooked long-grain rice.