Melted cheese and creamy potatoes. With a touch of nutmeg, this Potatoes Au Gratin recipe is the tastiest side dish.
- 500 g (1lb. 2 oz.) potatoes
- 145 mL (5oz.) Farmers Old Cheddar Cheese, grated
- 250 mL (1 cup) Central Dairies by Natrel 10% Blend Cream
- Fresh chives or parsley, chopped
- Salt and freshly-ground black pepper
- 10 mL (2 tsp) Spyglass Butter
- Peel and thinly slice the potatoes. Cook them in lightly-salted boiling water for about 10 minutes or until tender. Drain the potato slices and put them in a buttered gratin dish. Preheat the broiler.
- In a small saucepan, mix the grated Farmers Old Cheddar Cheese and the Central Dairies by Natrel 10% Blend Cream. Warm over low heat, stirring occasionally, until the cheese has melted. Do not let the mixture boil. Remove from heat; blend in chives, a little grated nutmeg and season moderately with pepper. Pour over the potatoes, and then brown them under the broiler.